Commissioner of Taxation v Burswood Nominees Limited as trustee for the Burswood Property Trust  FCAFC 151
- goods and services tax – gambling supplies – junkets – agreements between casino and junket tour operators – where commissions and rebates were payable by the casino to the junket tour operator or by the junket tour operator to the casino – where, at the conclusion of the junket, a total amount would be payable by the junket tour operator to the casino or by the casino to the junket tour operator – whether the commissions and rebates, or the total amount payable, were subject to the special rules for gambling supplies in Div 126
WYPF and Commissioner of Taxation  AATA 3050
- margin scheme – whether construction of apartments is non-monetary consideration for acquisition of 99-year leases from Australian Capital Territory development authority – whether excess GST passed on – held building works not consideration for acquisition of leases – held excess GST not passed on
Federal Commissioner of Taxation Limited  HCA 8
- Administration – Goods and services tax – Taxable supply – Running Balance Accounts (“RBA”) – Commissioner’s obligation to pay interest – Where Commissioner lacked statutory authority to amend taxpayer’s GST return – Where net amount in GST return calculated in error – Where Commissioner purported to amend taxpayer’s GST return and credited taxpayer’s RBA – Whether mistaken balance in an RBA is efficacious in law to constitute an RBA surplus within meaning of Pt IIB of Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth) – Whether Commissioner obliged to pay interest under Taxation (Interest on Overpayments and Early Payments) Act 1983 (Cth).
- Full Federal Court – Commissioner of Taxation v Travelex Limited  FCAFC 10
- Federal Court –  FCA 1961